Alf Ekberg Black Stoneware Gold Gilding Damson Sculpture
PLEASE NOTE: This item is only available exclusively for pickup at our Oakville location.
This evocatively elegant work of Swedish contemporary design is by Alf Ekberg (b.1945-d. 2016) for his art pottery studio Källna. Ekberg worked with sculptures in stoneware, bronze, and glass and over the course of his career, had exhibitions in Denmark and Germany as well as in a large number of galleries around Sweden.
This particular piece is a stunning Charcoal hued stoneware sculpture of the Damson fruit that presents his popular juxtaposition with the gold crackle gilt glaze. Ekberg's signature combination of pairing matte and unpolished stone textures with luxuriant metals is very much evident in this piece.This stunning piece actualises many key principles of Minimalist and Modernist design influences, with a focus on bringing forth the beauty in the base materials.
Have Questions?Ask An Expert
- Dimensions: Height: c. 11.4" / 29 cm. Width c. 7.7" / 19.6 cm (across the widest point) x depth: c. 3.9" / 10 cm. Base measurements: c. 7.1" / 18 cm x c. 3.5" / 9 cm. Weight: c. 4.1 kg / 4,140 g
- Condition: Excellent. There is faint wear to the surface of the glaze that is commensurate with the age of the piece
- Fabric Content: Stoneware, Metal
- Vendor Colour Code: MULTI
- Vendor Style Code: 1311181070
- Andrews SKU: 6101-0023
SHIPPING AND PICKUP
Whether you would like your fabulous fashion delivered to you or if you would prefer to collect, find out more here.Find out more
RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
What happens if something isn't quite right and you need to return and/or exchange an item? find out more here.Find out more